Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Truth About Forever & Book Haul

So I finally finished The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I gave it a rating of 4 on a scale of 5. School started recently so I have been very busy and didn't really have much time to read the book, so it was read in parts and pieces. Macy's character and her struggle for perfection is something I can relate to excluding her loss. But really, it doesn't take a loss in your life to think about forever and what it holds for you. I often found myself wondering the same things that Macy would think about. Jason's character is one of those characters who happens to show up only in two scenes and has a really big role in it all nevertheless. Wes and Macy's relationship was something which developed very slowly, and while I could have absolutely died at more gestures of affection, I do feel that the one kiss did mean a lot. Throughout the book Dessen had many metaphors and analogies which got me thinking in a very good way. Monica's character was a tad bit exaggerated in my opinion. Overall it was a nice summer read..which I read in fall. haha. Wes was a total hottie too with his whole tortured artist routine :)

I ordered some books on Amazon.ca, which now has a minimum purchase requirement of $25 in order to take advantage of the free super saving shipping!! This is a huge difference from the $39 that it used to be before. Maybe this minimum purchase requirement will also keep me in budget next time? I just can't wait till Amazon.ca also introduces the Kindle on its website, hopefully before Christmas? Because either way I have decided to treat myself to the Kindle :) I mean as much as I would love to have an iPad, I just can't justify spending that much money on it at this point in my life.

Talk about going on a tangent there, anyway I got 10 books in total, more paperbacks than harcovers but here is the list:

1. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (Paperback)
2. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover)
3. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen (Paperback)
4. As You Wish by Jackson Pearce (Paperback)
5. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Hardcover)
6. It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas (Paperback)
7. Naked In Death by JD Robb (Paperback)
8. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa (Paperback)
9. The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare(Hardcover)
10. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (Hardcover)

I definitely prefer paperbacks for their lower prices but hardcovers have the most awesomest covers/designs. So I can never really decide which one I prefer.

Currently, I am reading Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes...review coming soon!

Sorry for having been MIA...but now I am back in full force :) 

Until next time,

Bis

No comments: