Sunday, November 7, 2010

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)

Spoiler Alert

Got done reading Devil in Winter two days ago, and I am gonna go ahead and say this was my favourite book of the entire Wallflower Series so far! (there are two more which I haven't read yet). Evie and Sebastian do make a great couple because they really compliment each other. 400 pages aren't nearly enough for us to see character developments (in my opinion) but Kleypas did do great in this one. Mainly because these two characters had been introduced earlier on in the series. Evie's character was introduced in the first book (Secrets of a Summer Night) and she appeared to be a very timid stuttering girl who didn't quite know what to do with herself in social situations, and to be honest I really wasn't looking forward to her story. But in this book, we see how there is this whole other side to her which can't be seen on the first look. Sebastian! Well, he is a typical "tamed rake"...he struggled with the fact that he was in love with this girl and it did take him a bit to get used to it. All in all I did like the character developments. Here were two characters that I wasn't particularly fond of (Evie being shy, Sebastian being the villain of It Happened One Autumn) but after reading this book I really did like them!

The story well, it was alright. The whole Evie's step brother story was a little too abrupt and left a lot to be desired. Could have totally done without it, and when in the end he dies....nobody really cares. I mean I get it he was mad, but it was something not under his control. 

Now that I am done reading this..I am going back to reading YA paranormal fiction! (Raised by Wolves)..review coming soon. 

Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments: